As pretty as the music was, I have discovered that a night at the symphony ranks up there with Yoga on my list of activities that sounded good in the beginning but turned out to be too low-key for my liking. Sitting in a warm, dark concert hall, trying to entertain two 4-yr olds-- one who can't see well enough to color, and one who is constantly reminding us how boring it is-- is not necessarily as much fun as it may sound--yeah, right. And, as you can imagine, it certainly isn't the model of a fun-filled evening for a type-A (triple-A) personality like R's . As our good friends B & E can atest to, R fell sound asleep during a very lively and entertaining performance of CATS in Hawaii.
But I am giving R and myself a big A+ for the effort. Our children have now officially been exposed to a different "culture" of music than they experience in every day life (Pop Goes the Weasel, etc). I've checked that task off the list of "Things to do to broaden their horizons".
I would now like to share the `ensemble that K put together
for the occasion. She took it very seriously when I told
a symphony performance was a special event.
Notice the accessories. That's my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment